CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
In order for the product to be considered in the comptetion, the following criteria must be met.
1. THE PRODUCT SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO A MORE SUSTAINABLE WORLD //
For the product to be considered, it is important that sustainability has been thought into the product. It is important that reflections have been made, for how the product contributes to sustainability.
As inspiration for how you can describe the products sustainability profile, you can refer to YUME’s Sustainability Guide, in which different concrete aspects of a product’s sustainability is described. It is appreciated if you refer to the ‘icons’ that are relevant for your product in your application.
YUME’s guide links into UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, which you can also use for inspiration. You can read more about them here: https://www.yumecph.com/sustainability/sustainable-development-goals/
2. THERE MUST BE A PHYSICAL PRODUCT READY FOR 10-11 NOVEMBER //
In order to be able to participate in the competition, you mus have a physical product (finished or prototype) that we can show at the exhibition at the design market on 10-11 November in Lokomotivværkstedet. It is important the product is transportable.
3. THE PRODUCT SHOULD BE MADE FOR ORDINARY CONSUMERS //
The product should be made with the regular consumer in mind, as we wish to show with the competition that beautiful design can work in tandem with sustainable design. It could for example be design products within:
- Furniture and lighting
- Interiors (home accessories as rugs, ceramcis, glasware, kitchen ware etc.)
- Fashion (wearable textiles)
- Fashion accessories (for example jewelry, watches, bags)
- Kids (for example clothes, toys)
- Artworks (for example sculpture, prints, wall decorations)
- Food & Packaging (sustainable foods with a design element)
This means the competition is target towards e.g. architecture, emergency aid design or service design.